- Payment Information
- Practical Advice
- Payment Information
- Practical Advice
Psychological Evaluations at Dr. Reid Daitzman, Ph.D.
Please Read Payment Information Before Calling
Licensed clinical psychologists are trained in psychodiagnostics.
I use them as a means to and end to help me help you.
It is actually a more cost-effective methods to gather objective information.
There is an initial one-hour consultation, and or my reviewing previous materials (You must request them and it is your legal right based on the Health Laws).
I work in a hierarchy. I first administer basic tests, then more specific tests, if warranted to fine tune formal diagnosis for treatment or support information required by third parties.
As to fees, I just charge for my time, usually as a negotiated retainer, upfront.
I create a Case File adding the new data. Other charges are test scoring services.
All evaluations require a written statement from the paying party as to EXACTLY how the test will be used, and who may see it. This way I tailor the report accordingly. If a minor, a child, other legal rules of confidentiality apply based on the laws of Connecticut and Federal Laws (like how data is transmitted, etc).
There are many main types of diagnostic psychological. Each type is briefly defined.
- Diagnostic psychological Testing. These rule in or out specific diagnoses based on the DSM V Manual. They are objective and empirically based.
- Psychoeducational Testing, including assessing for Learning disabilities, ADHD, and other neurocognitive disorders
- Neuropsychological Testing. These include developmental cognition, basic neuropsychology (brain and behavior) are empirical and accepted as testifiable in court. It includes the so-called neurocognitive disorder of the elderly, perhaps for placement in a facility. It includes short and long-term verbal and nonverbal memory, and other types of well-known clinical assessments. I use psychological tests that are highly sensitive, empirical and normative. I have been specially trained in this area by some of the top clinicians.
- State Department Political Asylum Testing. The State Department requires verification and elucidation of motives for seeking asylum screening certain immigrants.
- SSI Disability Claims to qualify for Government Services and or other immigration issues
- Post-physical injury/lawsuits testing, for example, after a car accident, the pain and suffering or post-traumatic stress (PTSD). I have testified (and have never "lost") a case when my data is folded into the jury decision-making. Over the years I have worked with lawyers consistent with their legal standard of care.
- Custody Evaluations: I may or may not accept these, for it is highly political, and or custody arrangements—one or two—as primary parent.
- Psychophysiological testing and biofeedback. This is inherent in many applied cognitive behavioral techniques, ruling out primary impotence in the sexual dysfunctions, and other reasons, often after a marital affair or cyber-problems teaching self-control methods. This is an objective and gathered and discussed pre-post, as a validation of the efficiency of the interventions. Your particular intervention will be fully explained, and why, time, cost and duration.
- Sport psychology “pings” (e.g. in putting in golf) and or other motor tics (psychophysiology) or other areas affecting the mental-emotional aspects of ANY sport.
- Special testing needs for extra time I evaluate and write a report (if the data warrants it) to allow for more time on “high stake” tests, for example College Boards or Actuarial Testing Exam. Every specialty has its own rules or even specific tests. Check first.
- Other. I have kept up with latest trends in psychodiagnostics based on licensing standards and standard of care. I not familiar with some newer tests and others, for example, a school psychologist steeped in that world, would probably be a better choice, and know “the players.” If I feel your case if above my expertise, I will tell you and try to refer.
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||8:30am - 6:00pm|